Monday, June 16, 2008

Memories

I stole a dollop of someone else's shower gel tonight. Bath and Body Works Honeysuckle. It's the fragrance I wore in high school the year I dated my first real boyfriend, Steve. As scents have a way of evoking memories, this is taking me back to the days of groping each other in the front seat of a white Chevy Lumina while Steve panted in my ear, "Babe, you smell sooo good."

This convinced me that Honeysuckle shower gel was the nectar of the gods. It wasn't until years later that I realized I could have rolled in cat shit, and Steve would have made out with me in his car.

Because, to the heterosexual male, breasts always smell like honeysuckle.

6 comments:

Maria said...

This made me smile. And you know, smell is in the beholding. Once, when Liv was in pre-school and it was parent's day, her teacher was asking the kids why they loved their mothers (I know...stupid, stupid) and Liv said, "I love the way my mama smells." There was a big sigh in the audience as all the mothers thought to themselves, "How precious!" And then, Liv continued, "She smells exactly like my sandbox..."

Neponset River Bridge Dig said...

honeysuckle tiny tits are the best!!

Susanlee said...

Mmm...I got new perfume over the weekend and Justin keeps huffing my hair. :)

MmeBenaut said...

I'm laughing out loud Terroni. That's so cute!

Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha! I tell you waht, though, tenty years later an old boyfriend said to me in an email, "I remeber you used to wear this sesame oil stuff."

Shan said...

OH what revisiting a smell can conjure! I love it when that happens. Except of course when you catch a whiff of formaldehyde or something and it takes you back to the dead body lab where the smell could permeate your clothes and stay with you hours later. Ick.
I do occasionally go sniff an old perfume scent like Jean Nate' or White Diamonds at the store sometimes to revisit certain eras for a moment. :)