Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Procrastination

I hit the Next Blog button today--something I do occasionally when I really, really don't want to study. And today, I stumbled upon a real jewel. It was a blog dedicated to Victoria Beckham. The whole blog (the whole blog) is in praise to Victoria--a veritable web shrine, if you will. I know because I checked it out. I was thinking, "Certainly, this entire thing isn't about a former Spice Girl." Certainly, it was.

Two things caught my eye. First, it's a post that starts with, "As you know, Victoria Beckham sort of has a close friendship with Roberto Cavalli." This is clearly a misuse of the phrase as you know, because, as it turns out, I didn't know that. It was news to me.

Second, Victoria Beckham has a hairstyle that my mother wore out about four years ago. So, for a woman who is supposed to be on the cutting edge of fashion, she's not that impressive. Her 'do is so 2003.


And the only thing more pathetic than blogging about Victoria Beckham? Well, that would be me...the person blogging about blogging about Victoria Beckham. Mark your calendars, folks, we've reached a new all time low.

9 comments:

Vic said...

So if I blog about you blogging about blogging about a former spice girl, does that make a new all-time low? How low can we go?

Seriously, T, the date has been duly marked and the only way is up. *grin

Cheers,
Vic

dive said...

Commenting on a blog about a blog about Victoria Beckham is something I thought I would never be doing.
Hey, ho.
We live and learn.

Maria said...

Commenting on a comment in a blog that blogged about a blog about Victoria Beckham is just another step down into the black hole for me.

You do realize, don't you, T....that this whole thing could get out of hand?

And I have practically no idea who Victoria is...is she married to that soccer player and they have a reality show about their fabulous life?

Now, THAT seems kind of low to me...

Terroni said...

I'm happy to drag you all down with me...I'd do it for any friend.

Deb Heller said...

Somebody. Help. Me. I. Can't. Get. UP!

nina michelle said...

it would seem that all the clever comments are taken...

Terroni said...

Deb, I'm so glad you're back!

Nina, I'm happy to accept not so clever comments as well ;>

Anonymous said...

I stopped clicking next blog after I came across the trekkies devotional sites. Far to scary for 3am and good reason to go to bed.
I think blogging about blogging VIctoria beckham isn't such an all time low. Every member of the planet has to be productive in some way and maybe this is what victoria was destined for, blog ridicule when we're bored or blocked.

Susanlee said...

so I need to ask your medical opinion of something, yes, I know you're not a complete dr. yet, but I think you might know. Can you send me an email from your regular email address so that I can email you instead of posting my embarrassing question here? susan.brinkley@hotmail.com