Sunday, December 2, 2007

A pickle

Well...as it turns out, the way that my Ob/Gyn preceptor practices, while it works for him, is not really how textbooks talk about practice. I have a big test coming up in less than two weeks--a test written with the textbooks in mind. So, needless to say, I'm in a bit of a pickle. I've got to hit the books (hard) and relearn how all this Ob/Gyn stuff is supposed to be done. I also have to remind myself that when he tells me something, it's probably not the answer.

By the way, while I enjoy cucumbers, I hate pickles.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck little one. I like cucumbers too and some pickles - especially the mustard ones.

Maria said...

Ugh. You will run into this more often than you think. Doctors find their stride and it often simply is not in line with the books.

Which is sad because most of those mds are the really good ones, just...maybe they shouldn't be teaching or I suppose what I should say is that you kind of have to admire them but not do as they do. And yes, this puts you in a pickle.

Buck up, cowgirl.