Monday, December 17, 2007

Using a straw, a coat hanger, and a piece of tape...

First, I want to thank every person who read my last post and left a comment. I have read them several times. Thank you so much.

I have been without the internet for most of the last few days. I just didn't have the patience to deal with DSL customer service. I have to work myself up to those phone calls so that I can get through all twenty minutes without screaming, "I already tried reseting it...eight times!" It's times like those that I wish I practiced meditation or yoga or something that makes you more laid back and go with the flowish.

After I get the DSL fixed (it breaks every six months), I have to reset my Airport--my Apple base station. It always works when I get started, but by the time the DSL woman is done having me re-reset everything from my computer to the microwave, the Airport can't find my laptop anymore. I like the Apple customer service guys, though. I can call them and just say, "Look, dude, the DSL bitch fucked up my computer and if you can't help me fix all of this soon, my head is going to explode and I'm going to kill the cat." This amuses them.

This time, though, I didn't have to call and entertain the Apple guy. I remembered what he told me last time, and I made it work all on my own! For a half hour afterwards, I actually felt like MacGyver. Granted, I didn't actually fix the thing with a wad of gum, a paper clip, and a pine cone. But, using my new found technical genius, next time, I feel like I could.

3 comments:

Maria said...

Ah...Apple guys rock. Agreed.

Anonymous said...

Hey MacGuyver, can you get down here quickly and help me with the new Apple iMac that M.B just bought me for Christmas. Where am I going to put the damn thing? I was thinking of a laptop, you know, so I could lie in bed and let my fingers do the walking. Not that I'm ungrateful or anything.
Glad you're back to feeling like you can be your usual kick-ass self (see, I'm learning to speak your language). Hee Hee. (I went on a spending spree today after the hairdresser made me look 18 again and I felt all puffed up - literally - I've gained a few pounds and gone up a dress size - damn - but I got some groovy clothes!)

Terroni said...

Well Madame, you know what they say...if you can't lose it, decorate it!

(Actually, the woman for whom this blog is named used to say, "I'm a size 8, but a 10 feels so good, I wear a 12.")