Friday, December 14, 2007

This is where I excel

Well, the drunken bowling plans fell apart (as fantastic, elaborate plans tend to do). So, I spent last night with Graci drinking at home in stolen hospital scrubs in front of the TV. I know it sounds sort of pathetic, but after a rather exhausting OB rotation, it felt absolutely decadent.

We took turns saying, "Do you know what we have to do tomorrow?"
"Nothing."
"That's right...nothing!"

I slept until 10:30 this morning. Got up. Showered. And put pajamas back on. When Graci woke up, I was having M&M's. She looked at me like I was eating toe jam and said, "That's not breakfast." Shows how little she knows about vacation. She tried to join me, but only got about seven M&M's down before turning green. What can I say? The constitution for vacation--you either have it, or you don't.

3 comments:

Maria said...

A friend of mine in college used to eat cold spaghettios right from the can for breakfast. It nearly made me puke every damn time she did that. It got to the point where she would stand outside my dorm room and wait for me to come out with my toothbrush and she would brandish her orange goo colored spoon at me.

Yeah, I had me some friends....

Anonymous said...

I have it. I've eaten M & Ms for breakfast as recently as a week ago. Amazing, huh? I'm over half a century old! Some habits die hard.

Terroni said...

Cold spaghettios? I'm with you, Maria...that's freakin' gross!

Madame, my mom still has M&M's for breakfast occasionally, too. This gives me hope that I will enjoy this habit for years to come.