Sunday, March 25, 2007

3 points for following the foot eatin' rules

My roommate just reminded me of a meal I made recently. The main course--my own foot. I should be more specific. I over heard a phone conversation between said roommate and her lady in which she recalled the story. Maybe I should be annoyed, but frankly, I just like that they talk about me. It's like I'm famous.

But I digress. The story...

Most medical students are pretty sensitive about their grades. But not me. I'm very open about mine--good, bad, ugly. I don't care. You ask, and I'll tell you what I got. But, as I said, most med students don't feel this way.

So, it's a bit of an unspoken rule: You're not supposed to talk much about grades.

I think that with many unspoken rules, you really appreciate the value in em' the moment you break them. Forthcoming case and point.

Last week, we got our Evidence Based Medicine papers back. It took them a short four months to grade these 2 page ditties, and they were worth a total of 3 points. I got mine back. I got a 3. The paper was pretty crappy, so I just assumed they just handed out the points.

Sitting in a lab, someone said, "Hey, those EBM papers are in our mailboxes."

I said, "Yeah, I saw that. I swear, they don't even read those things. They just give us all 3 points."

Other students says, "Uh, I only got a 2."

Open mouth
insert foot
chew and swallow.

Let's just say, I'm resolved to try a little harder to follow unspoken rules.

Although, I gotta admit, I find these stories about myself pretty funny.
Good thing, because I don't think the roommate is going to quit telling them anytime soon.

4 comments:

Redneck Mommy said...

I am a connoisseur of feet. I so often insert my own in my mouth I'm actually developing a taste for it.

Sad, isn't it.

Great to discover you. Thanks for stopping by my site. I'll be back.

Anonymous said...

Here, here! Fellow member of the eat-my-own-foot club!

-P

Maria said...

Me too. I eat mine at least twice a week and it is good with crow.

Terroni said...

Maybe I should start a club for foot-eaters. Serious members only, of course. I think people would have to present testimony from at least 3 people they offended in the last week in order to gain membership.